Thursday, August 10, 2006

Conversations

Having come from a recent breakup herself, she asked me: "What's wrong with you guys? Why are men so neglectful?"

I thought about that deeply. Hers was a sincere point, something that seemed to have been spawned by so many a generalizations. To top it off, she gets the idea from my ex-significant other. I've heard that before pertaining to me: "You were neglectful, that is why you two fell apart." Regrettably, I guess it was true.

And then this thought came to mind: "Men are neglectful, in many cases, but women," I thought. "Women have always been distrustful."

I told my friend this and she was looking at me like I was joking. "Women don't trust men when we tell them we love them so much." I gave her examples. Women, in my opinion, will always think that forgetting a special occasion in the relationship is an unpardonable sin. Men who commit this are not only neglectful, they also do not deserve the woman's trust. They will never believe that there is such a thing as an honest mistake. They will never believe that the men still love them.

The conditions will always be set with women. "This and this and this will prove to me that you love me." I say it is a show of lack of faith towards your man. The consequence of neglect is the withdrawal of trust.

Finally my friend told me that I had a fine point with that argument. So she asked next, "What do we do to solve that then?" I told her, "Men should stop being neglectful, and the women have to trust them."

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger thisisGod'sdaughter said...

the girl is familiar.hehehe...

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger thisisGod'sdaughter said...

lets just pray,kuya..patience...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home