Monday, February 12, 2007

Valentines is Dead

Women, or those who claim to be, love February 14th. Although a small number do end up loathing it, many are still trapped in its trance and subject themselves to the big lie that is love for one day.

Interestingly, this seeming "love" day is undetectly coated with so much selfish intentions and wanton disregard for other people's feelings that it proceeds to become one of my topmost hated, how to put it, "special days"?

Take for example, the following scenario:

"Where are we going today?" says the lady.
"Where do you want to go?" says the gentleman.
"You should think about something special. It's Valentines."
"I can't think of anything."
"You should have."
"Well, I'll stay with you today. I'll just skip work and I'll cook you your favorite dinner."
"No, you should have thought of something special. Why didn't you get reservations for a restaurant or something? Did you even get me flowers?"
"I didn't think it was such a big deal."
"Of course its a big deal. I know Tanya and her boyfriend are going to watch that lovely concert today. Now that's special."
"Well, I'm not Tanya's boyfriend OK? Isn't being with you today enough."
"You can't just slack off like that. You were supposed to do something special for me."
"I could try..."
"Too late."
"But..."
"You've ruined my day. I don't want to see you."
"Fine..."
"I wish some other guy would ask me out."
"Happy Valentines then!"

Of course, this might happen with over the course of a bratty girl movie with all-loving guy next door. But then again, wouldn't it happen to you?

Here's a flower. And yeah, I sent you the bill. @)-->-----

1 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, Blogger faye said...

Ang sweet sana pag ginawa ng lalaki yan, skipping work just to cook the favorite dish of his woman. Women should not demand for expensive gifts no! Suggestion din lang sa men, marami ways para ma treat nyo na special yong women that are cost-free. Be expressive din, dahil kahit ipagluto nyo pa yong girl nyo tapos di nyo man lang sya na greet sa occasion na yon while you have greeted the rest of your friends, nakaka hurt parin yon.Lalo na kung yong pagluluto ay lagi mo naman talagang ginagawa kahit no occasion.It doesn't cost you a million dollar naman kung e greet nyo din sya & tell her u love her. There are times when actions are not just enough, para sakin lang naman yon.
Truth is medyo KSP din kase babae kung minsan :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home